Friday, April 01, 2005

Happy Poisson d'Avril or where did April's Fools Day go?

A few years ago when my mom and I were in Paris we found a paper fish in the gutter. What is this we wondered outloud?? We did realized that it was April Fool's Day, but I guess I was assuming that only American's celebrated...something like a Hallmark holiday. duh,WRONG! Anyway, we also noticed as the day went on that there were fancy chocolate fish in the chocolatier windows and school children with poisson(fish) on their backs. So when we got home we decided to look up this holiday and Voila...Poisson d'Avril is now a part of our yearly celebrations! Go take a look here to learn more.Poisson d'Avril History and Games

1 comment:

Linda said...

Kelley -- I wish I'd looked at this yesterday (April 1)! How very interesting that the French celebrate our April Fool's Day, but with such a fun twist!